Love the look of a fresh pedicure but hate to spend upwards of $30 every 1-2 weeks? Here are some tips to look like you just walked out of the nail salon every day.
- Trim your nails evenly. Make sure to trim and file in a horizontal line to give a cleaner appearance and avoid the growth of ingrown toenails. After trimming your nails, be sure to clean underneath and check for any excess debris.
- Don’t ignore your feet in the shower. Shower time is also pedicure prep time. When in the shower, don’t forget to wash your feet! Many people forget to take a scrubbing to their feet thinking the soapy water running down their bodies will do enough, but you may still be leaving dead skin.
- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate! Exfoliating your feet will also help to give a softer feel and a smoother appearance. This will remove the dead skin cells that cause callouses and rough dry patches, and reveal a fresh new layer of baby-soft skin underneath.
- Don’t forget to stay hydrated. Just like drinking adequate amounts of water is important for the skin on your face, hydration is a key component to avoiding dry and cracked feet. You can also moisturize to counteract any dryness that has already begun to appear. At night, spread your favorite lotion, butter, cream, or oil on and slip into some cozy cotton socks. When you wake up, your feet will look supple and the bottoms will be soft and smooth.
- Keep them covered. When around the house, don’t walk around barefoot. This will contribute to calluses, dry patches, and dirt collecting at the bottom of your feet. Instead, opt for some slippers or socks.
- And of course, make them pretty! Snazz your toes up with your favorite LuLu Face Co. nail polish. There are an array of polishes that not only make your toes look pretty and colorful, but also work to strengthen and moisturize your nails.